A Mariner House Board of Directors meeting was held via WebEx Conference on Tuesday, July 14. All Board members were present, with the exception of John Tagiuri, who has resigned. Property Manager Tracy Canty also attended. President Bill Hathaway called the meeting to order at 5:11 pm.
PROPERTY MANAGER REPORT
- The Island is very busy, most shops are open. Rentals, however, are down. Mariner House has rental availability in both July and August.
- There has been no further issue with the sewer pipe. The repair costs are not covered by insurance. Mariner House is a commercial property.
- The new balusters on the Aurora side of the building are complete.
- Mariner House sanitation protocols, including sanitary de-fogging and deep cleaning, are going well.
- The Board is still waiting for information regarding owner estate responsibility for fees.
- No further information regarding a possible buyer for a unit in foreclosure.
- Media kits were acquired from various entities, including college/university alumni associations and selected publications. As noted in the June minutes, advertising costs for these are somewhat prohibitive. Given the current pandemic situation, marketing efforts are tabled. Existing advertising, including brochures and notices on VRBO, will continue.
- 2021 Budget and Capital Plan: The Board voted to not put forth a capital budget this coming year due to our current pandemic. Motioned by Gloria Kunz, seconded by Kerric Harvey and passed unanimously.
- All efforts will be extended to keep the Operating Budget and fees flat to 2010.
- October 24 has been set as a tentative date for the Annual Meeting, pending availability of the Harbor Room, which is large enough to accommodate social distancing guidelines. Bill Hathaway motioned to change meeting hours to 10:00 am-Noon. Seconded by Elizabeth Jackson.
- Some owners have inquired about service and emotional support animals. Mariner House is legally bound to accept Service dogs; however, owners will be required to submit appropriate documentation, including certification from the US Service Animals Organization, prior to arrival.
There being no other items of discussion, Marty DeMartino made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Gloria Kunz. The meeting was adjourned at 5:53 pm.
The next meeting will be held at 5:00 pm on August 11. Conference access information will be provided prior to the meeting.
Gloria Kunz, Secretary