A Mariner House Board of Directors meeting was held via WebEx Conference on Tuesday, June 9, 2020. All Board members were present, as well as Property Manager Tracy Canty. President Bill Hathaway called the meeting to order at 5:05 pm.
PROPERTY MANAGER REPORT
- Mariner House is now open. All changes in procedures noted in the minutes of the May conference are being implemented.
- The Island is quiet; rentals to date are slow.
- The sewer backed up again, fortunately prior to occupancy so owners were not affected. The back-up was caused by a three-foot root system from a town-owned tree wrapping itself around the MH sewer pipe. Tracy will check to see if repair costs might possibly be covered by insurance.
- Working on outside painting; new balusters will replace those on the Aurora side of the building.
- Flower boxes are up.
- Letter to owners re: Buy Back program is posted on the MH web site.
- No discussion on appraisal.
- A unit in foreclosure may have a possible buyer.
- Marketing Mariner House
- We are acquiring Media kits from various entities
- Costs of advertising in various publications (national, educational, etc.) are prohibitive.
- A line item for marketing will be added to the 2021 budget.
There being no other items of discussion, David Ham made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Kerric Harvey. The meeting was adjourned at 5:33 pm.
The next meeting will be held at 5:00 pm on July 14. Kerric Harvey will provide WebEx procedure.
Gloria Kunz, Secretary